- [Instructor] Excel has many different chart types.…You've heard of column charts, bar charts, line charts,…and it's not always clear which chart type is going…to work best for best for your data.…But it's really easy to make a change.…So when you create a chart, and I'm about to do this…with this data right here, I'll do it quickly…with that shortcut, ALT F1.…There's the chart.…That's a clustered column chart.…Perhaps the most common chart type…we see in excel.…But there are many others, and let's consider some options.…When a chart is created it's automatically selected…on the Design tab.…
Change Chart Type.…There are some other kinds of column charts.…Here's a stacked column chart.…That's cleaner looking you might say.…By reading the height of it we know the total.…It's hard to read the individual colors, though,…month to month.…We've got some other choices out here.…Sometimes it's just the visuals that might…get your attention.…But is it easy to read?…Not quite so easy.…But, at least we've got some options.…And maybe, rather than just looking at column charts,…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.