Since Windows 8.0 and 8.1 up to and including Windows 10, Microsoft has been designing its operating system and software applications with touch in mind as many users work with touch enabled devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and touch screens. In this movie, you will know how to enable touch mode in Office 2016 and navigate the expanded interface that is better suited to touch. You will also know how to return to mouse mode you no longer require touch mode.
- [Voiceover] If you've made the jump to Windows 8,…8.1 or even Windows 10, you've probably noticed how…Microsoft is redesigning things…to work well with touch devices,…like smartphones and tablets.…Or even computer screens that are touch enabled.…Well, the same goes for Office 2016.…There's something called Touch Mode…that we're going to explore in this movie,…that will allow you to better use…touch screens as you continue to work on documents…in Word, presentations in Power Point,…or even spreadsheets in Excel.…
Same thing goes for Outlook, which we'll…take a look at momentarily.…Right now, I'm in Microsoft Word,…with our Best of Landon Hotel Guide document.…You can open it up from the Chapter One…folder of your exercise files.…We talked about saving to the cloud,…so you can see I'm using version two.…Really doesn't matter what's on your screen here.…We're going to change to Touch Mode.…So, this would be important…if our computer screen used touch.…Or if we were going to work with…Microsoft Word on a tablet or smartphone.…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.