The Microsoft Office 2016 apps can run a number of different devices, such as computers, laptops, tablets, and even smartphones. Many of these devices can or will use touch enabled screens. In this movie, you will know how to switch to touch mode and understand the changes to the user interface when in touch mode. You will also know how to switch back to mouse mode.
- [Voiceover] With Office 2016,…you can run the apps or Office programs…on multiple different devices.…Could be on a full-blown computer with a monitor…and that monitor could be a touchscreen,…or perhaps you're going to run the mobile app…on a tablet or smartphone.…These are all possibilities.…When you're working on some of those mobile devices,…you're going to be using your finger to touch things,…or something we call Touch Mode.…Even on a full-blown PC,…you may want to work in Touch Mode…if your monitor is a touchscreen.…
So, let's talk about Touch Mode now…and we'll do it this time with PowerPoint,…but again, you could be in Word or Excel.…To follow along with me, go to your Chapter1 folder…of your exercise files and open up Landon_Hotel0107.…Notice the new format, pptx,…the XML-based format for this file.…Just a couple of slides.…But let's we have a touchscreen…and we want to work in Touch Mode.…All we do is go up to the Quick Access Toolbar…and you should find the Touch Mode Mouse Mode toggle button…or drop-down.…
- Understanding user interface differences
- Working in Compatibility mode
- Opening and editing PDFs in Word 2016
- Using templates and images
- Creating macro-enabled workbooks in Excel 2016
- Exploring PowerPoint themes, transitions, and animations
- Importing Outlook contacts, email, and calendars into Outlook 2016
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.