Changing slide design in PowerPoint has evolved over time. Individual elements of a slide's design had to be modified separtately in PowerPoint 2003. In this movie, you will know how to use themes and variants to modify slide design, including backgrounds, effects, and color schemes in PowerPoint 2016.
- [Voiceover] Well, now it's time in this chapter to shift…our focus to PowerPoint, and if you're migrating…from PowerPoint 2003 to 2016, you're going to notice…a number of changes.…For example, when it comes to the design of your slide show,…there are many more powerful tools here in PowerPoint 2016…worth taking a look at.…And we're gonna do that with this file, Landon Hotel 0401,…you'll find it in the Chapter Four folder of…your exercise file.…So far, just four slides, very plain looking slides,…as you click down the left hand side,…you'll notice the thumbnails.…
And not much formatting going on…as far as the slides are concerned.…We have some images, some text, some titles, etc.…Let's go to slide two here, give it a click.…And look how easy it is to change the design…of your presentation.…There's no more format, menu, slide design,…tweaking things like the background colors separately…from other items or elements in your slide,…we just go to the design tab now, up here at the top.…And the first thing you're going to notice are themes.…
- Understanding user interface differences
- Working in Compatibility mode
- Opening and editing PDFs in Word 2016
- Using templates and images
- Creating macro-enabled workbooks in Excel 2016
- Exploring PowerPoint themes, transitions, and animations
- Importing Outlook contacts, email, and calendars into Outlook 2016
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.