Every time you create a new file in Word, a template is used to get you started. In Word 2016, there are many more templates to choose from than were available in Word 2010. In this movie, you will know how to access featured templates, how to search for other templates online, and how to migrate your older custom templates from Word 2010 to Word 2016.
- [Voiceover] Every time you create a new document…here in Word 2016,…you will be using a template of some type.…Even if it's a new blank document,…that template is going to set things up,…like one-inch margins all the way around…an 8.5x11 sheet of paper that is in portrait orientation.…That's all part of the template,…but there are some fancier templates to choose from,…and here at Word 2016 there are many more…than you had access to in Word 2010.…So we're gonna take a quick peek.…Notice I've closed up everything here in Word.…
You can do the same if you're following along,…and go up to "File" and select "New."…And it's from here where we see featured templates.…Notice "featured" is selected,…and the templates you see down below,…your list may look different than mine,…the order may be different,…all depends on how much you've done,…you'll see some different types of documents…that can be created: blog posts,…you might see different report designs,…there's an APA style report, student reports, resumes,…cover letters, et cetera.…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.