Document templates can help you to quickly and easily create many different types of documents by providing content and formatting and leaving you with adding content. In this movie, you will know how to access thousands of templates online and use the easy fix tool to migrate custom templates you created in Word 2003 to the Personal category of templates in Word 2016.
- [Voiceover] Let's spend a little time…discussing templates…because templates can give you…a nice head start creating different types…of documents.…They've been around forever,…since the very beginning.…You've probably used templates,…even if you didn't know it.…The new blank document you create…every time you launch Microsoft Word 2003…is a template that tells the document…it's going to have one inch margins…all the way around on an 8 1/2 by 11…portrait piece of paper.…But there are many more templates…here in Word 2016 to choose from.…
Especially if you're connected to the internet.…Let's check it out.…You can have something on your screen,…or not,…like me.…It doesn't really matter.…We're going to click file,…and then new.…It's from here where you're going to see…a number of featured templates,…including the very first one.…The default blank document.…That's what we're accustomed to seeing…when we launch Word 2003.…Now we have to select it,…or we can select others that appear…under featured.…Your list will look different than mine.…
- Understanding user interface differences
- Working in Compatibility mode
- Opening and editing PDFs in Word 2016
- Using templates and images
- Creating macro-enabled workbooks in Excel 2016
- Exploring PowerPoint themes, transitions, and animations
- Importing Outlook contacts, email, and calendars into Outlook 2016
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.