Microsoft has made subtle changes to the user interfaces found in each of the Office 2016 applications. In this movie, you will know how the apps are color coded, and you will know the differences between the Office 2010 and Office 2016 user interfaces across the various applications to get you comfortable in your new environment.
- [Voiceover] Well it's now time to take a quick tour…of the various user interfaces we find…in the Office 2016 suite of applications…and do a little comparison with Office 2010.…You won't find major differences,…but there are some subtle ones you should be aware of.…So we're gonna start by launching one of the apps.…Let's go with Microsoft Word.…I have it down here on the task bar.…You could also use the search window.…Give it a click to launch it…and the first thing you'll see is the start screen.…You'll notice the start screen is color coded.…
Down the left-hand side, we see blue.…We also see access to files we worked on recently…directly from here…and you can see that they're grouped…or categorized by dates.…You can see mine from today, last week, and other.…You may see a different list obviously…and if you've never used it before, you won't see anything…here until you start working with files.…You also have a link at the bottom to open documents…that may not appear on this list.…So you can go browsing to various locations…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.