This course includes exercise files so you can follow along using real (anonymized) data. This video covers how to best use these files.
- [Instructor] I've designed this course so you can follow along with the exercise files. Download the exercise files to your desktop, like I've done here. You'll see that the exercise files are organized by chapter. So, for example, if I click chapter one, you'll see the relevant files. If I open up one of these files, you can see that I've used real data that's been anonymized, to make this as close as possible to the real types of data you'll be using for your own analysis. Remember, there are many different versions of Excel, so you might notice differences when you follow along.
If you run into trouble, usually a quick, online search can point you in the right direction.
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Excel Basics for Marketers
2. Build a Data-Driven Marketing Plan
3. Analyze Your Campaign Performance
4. Build Marketing Campaigns in Bulk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.