Join Michael McDonald for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Financial Forecasting with Big Data.
- [Instructor] In this course we'll be using exercise files. If you'd like to follow along and do the exercises with me, please download the exercise files folder to your desktop as I've done here. When you open up the exercise files folder, you will see that we've labeled each of the folders in question based on their chapter number and the video number. Opening up chapter three, video number two, we see two files begin employee theft and end employee theft. The begin employee theft file is where we start this video.
The end employee theft file shows us where you should be when you get finished with the video.
Join Professor Michael McDonald and discover how to use predictive analytics to forecast key performance indicators of interest, such as quarterly sales, projected cash flow, or even optimized product pricing. All you need is Microsoft Excel. Michael uses the built-in formulas, functions, and calculations to perform regression analysis, calculate confidence intervals, and stress test your results. You'll walk away from the course able to immediately begin creating forecasts for your own business needs.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding big data and predictive analytics
- Gathering financial data
- Cleaning up your data
- Calculating key financial metrics
- Using regression analysis for business-specific forecasts
- Performing scenario analysis
- Calculating confidence intervals
- Stress testing