Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
There's no exercise files included with this course. The course is targeted towards demonstrating and showing you how to work with the product, rather than how to configure the individual product. But, if you want to try it yourself, if you go to Microsoft's CodePlex site, which you see here on the screen, then you can download samples. The samples are targeted towards your individual edition of SQL. So you can download from 2008 on forward. Doesn't really much matter.
And there's also documentation there of how to install those samples.
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.