Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Excel Web Access (EWA), part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Excel Web Access.…So you've created all of these spreadsheets that have this…data that you've modeled and enhanced.…And now you want to share it with your team.…Excel Web Access is mainly targeted at personal business intelligence, but…more importantly, at team business intelligence.…So now.…You can take these work books, save them up into share point, and…let other people view the data.…Let's show it to you.…So I'm going to go in and…say contents, and I'm going to go into a document library.…
The default document library as a matter of fact.…And we'll look at this example services sample workbook.…When I click this please keep your eye on the screen and…watch for excel services flash across.…That was very fast but it was there.…So now I have this workbook open and the book is open in excel services.…Excel web access is not the Excel counterpart to Outlook.…
The experience in OWA, Outlook Web Access,…is very similar to the experience in standalone Outlook.…Not so in Excel.…This is not an authoring environment.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.