Note: Chris uses Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (Microsoft 365 Apps) throughout the course, so some tips may not apply to all versions of Excel.
This course was created by Chris Dutton. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Navigating Excel with keyboard shortcuts
- Removing blank rows
- Using named ranges and table references
- Protecting cells and formulas
- Mastering advanced sorting and filtering tools
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Chris] Hey everyone, Chris Dutton here, and welcome to Excel Productivity Tips for Power Users. Before we dive in, let's talk about the course structure and set some expectations. Now, this is not an introductory course, it's not about broad, comprehensive, deep dives, or about showing off cheesy, impractical hacks. It's about featuring some of the most powerful and effective tools used by Excel Pros and sharing them through crystal clear demos and unique, real-world case studies. As part of the course, you'll receive downloadable PDF slides to keep on hand as a helpful reference, along with an Excel workbook and solution file, organized and hyperlinked for quick and easy access. Each demo is completely self-contained and rated by difficulty on a one to five star scale. So feel free to explore the course content in any order that you choose. Now, to set some expectations, I'll be using Office 365 ProPlus for PC. So keep in mind that what you see on your screen may not always match exactly what I'm showing on mine. In fact, some of the tips covered here may not be available in all versions of Excel. Last but not least, it's important to note that this course was adapted from a larger series. So while he may see some other demos in the workbook shown on my screen, we'll be focusing specifically on productivity tips for now. Ready to get started? Let's dive in. (upbeat music)