Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook
Skill Level Beginner
- [Michael] Excel is an essential tool for marketers. By one estimation, 76% of marketers use it for their marketing plans. It's so popular because it levels the playing field. Every major marketing platform allows you to export into Excel. Getting better at Excel will save you enormous amounts of time, so you've made the right choice with this course. I'm Michael Taylor, co-founder of Ladder, where I've helped over 100 companies grow. Excel is my secret weapon. I've used it to plan, build, and analyze over $25 million worth of marketing campaigns.
In this course, we'll walk you through everything from basic Excel formulas for analysis to building performance dashboards with pivot tables. We'll cover major marketing topics like the 80/20 rule, building a marketing plan, and calculating popular marketing metrics. Finally, we'll walk through ways to automate boring, repetitive tasks so you can scale up your marketing efforts. Thank you for choosing Excel for Marketers. I hope you find these skills as useful as I do.