- Define activity-based costing and applications.
- Examine the fundamentals of variances in Excel.
- Explore the ways to interpret a variance bridge chart.
- Recognize the fundaments of activity-based costing.
- Define product-line profitability.
- Explore the differences in activity-based costing versus traditional accounting.
- Examine how to utilize the recommendations from activity-based costing analysis.
- Recall the meaning of liquidity ratios in Excel.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Michael] Hello there, I'm Michael McDonald. I'm a professor of finance in a frequent consultant industry. Are you interested in learning more about management accounting? In this course, I'll show you how to perform variance analysis to understand profit drivers at a company, how to build an activity-based costing system, and how to execute ratio analysis to examine firm performance and identify key red flags. All of this will be done through the lens of Excel, a key tool in the management accounting profession.
We'll be using exercise files throughout this course. If you're a premium member and you'd like to follow along and do those with me, please download the exercise file to your desktop. You will start with the begin excel file for the chapter you're working on, and the same example will be used throughout the chapter. Now, if you're ready to take a break from GL strings and brush up on some of the most critical tasks in management accounting, then come with me and let's get started.