- Identify the purpose of a filter.
- Recognize situations in which a custom filter would be most effectively utilized.
- Summarize the method Excel uses to read data when an Advanced Filter is applied.
- Recall the approach to take when creating a specific item for a picklist.
- Explain the function of a dynamic array formula.
- Name the keyboard shortcut used to make the filter menus appear in Excel.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Dave] Does this ever happen to you? You open up a spreadsheet and there's just a mass of data in front of you. So much that it's hard to wrap your head around what's going on with it. If this sounds familiar, then applying Excel filters is a great first step to lasering in on important details that lie within the data. If you've tried filters before, but didn't quite understand how to get what you want, then you've come to the right place. My name's Dave Ludwig and in this short course on LinkedIn Learning, I'll teach you all about Excel filters.
From simple ones, to advanced, to slicers and shortcut keys, you'll be a pro in no time.