- Identify why it is a good idea to use Excel when creating a business budget.
- Examine the importance of revenue drivers when putting together a business budget.
- Recognize how to calculate staff costs when creating a business budget.
- Explore the elements of preparing a concise report.
- Break down the fundamentals of enhanced reporting.
- Determine the best ways to utilize efficient updates.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Josh] With the right preparation and planning, creating business budgets in Excel is easy. A sound business budget allows you to quickly and seamlessly add new expenses, and you can visualize your projected results at a glance. Luckily, Excel has some intuitive features that make it simple to not just build a business budget model, but to add enhancements as your business evolves. In this LinkedIn Learning course, I'll illustrate to you how you can prepare your business budget parameters to take the pain away from building your budget model.
I'll also outline how to link expenses with revenue, reflecting the dynamic nature of an organization operating in an environment where sales figures constantly fluctuate. So join me, Josh Rischin, as we explore how to create business budgets in Excel.