- Describe methods for entering values into multiple cells at once.
- Describe procedures for using and inputting pick lists.
- Enumerate steps for and consequences of locking worksheets and workbooks.
- Demonstrate the correct use of the Data Validation menu.
- Be able to use column references in formulas in order to simplify their appearance.
- Identify where to change the rules for formula error checking.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Dennis] Whether you're new to Excel or use it regularly, avoiding mistakes can reduce the time it takes to fix them. In this course, I'll show you tips and techniques to minimize the possibility of errors as you work with Excel. I'll show you how to use AutoCorrect and AutoFill to make data entry faster and less error-prone, and accelerate date-time entries. Then, I'll show you how to use worksheet and workbook protection schemes, as well as powerful data validation rules to control the range of data being entered. And set up pick lists so they'll reduce errors and save time. I'll also show you how to write formulas more efficiently and use Error Checking features. I'm Dennis Taylor. I've been working with Excel for years. And we've got a lot to cover, so let's get started.