LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Calculating the effect of interest rates and inflation
- Finding the arithmetic and geometric means of growth rates
- Calculating the future and present value of an investment
- Calculating loan payments for a fully amortized loan
- Calculating the effect of paying extra principal with each payment
- Finding the number of periods required to meet an investment goal
- Calculating net present value and internal rate of return
- Building a cash tracking worksheet
- Visualizing cash flows using a waterfall chart
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Curt Frye, welcome to the course. In this course, I'll demonstrate effective ways to evaluate and visualize cash flows for your business. I'll start by introducing the effects of interest rates and inflation, calculating the present value of an investment, calculating the payments for a fully amortized loan, and determining how much interest you can save by paying extra principal each month. Next I'll describe net present value, and internal rate of return.
I'll show you how to calculate both measures. As well as how to calculate NPV, and IRR for cash flows that don't occur at regular intervals. Finally, I'll show you how to create a cash tracking worksheet, visualize cash flows using a waterfall chart, and graph the relationship between principal and interest payments in the loan. In short, you'll find that the course provides a strong background in evaluating and visualizing cash flows. Dive right in.