AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Getting and turning data into something trustworthy and useful in native Excel can be long, painful and messy. Get and Transform is a piece of Excel 2016 that makes this much easier. I'm Oz du Soleil, Excel MVP and author. This course is an introduction to Get and Transform. I'll give you an overview of what Get and Transform is, what it does, and how it can simplify how you get, prepare and clean data.
We're going to cover starting and loading queries, working with columns, writing formulas in Get and Transform, pivoting and unpivoting data, grouping data, and appending and merging datasets. And finally, I'll walk through two real-world examples and how you can apply these skills. We've got a lot to do, so let's get at it.
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.