- Controlling numeric input
- Using the input message box
- Setting up pick lists for quick, error-free input
- Creating multitiered pick lists
- Setting date and time limitations
- Limiting text length
- Requiring entries to be unique
- Locating cells with data validation rules
Skill Level Advanced
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor, and welcome to Excel 2016: Data Validation in Depth. If you need your data to be accurate and you want to enter it quickly, then this is the right course for you. I'll show you how to limit the types of numbers you can enter, how to set up error and warning messages, and how to set up dropdown lists as a way to ensure accuracy and eliminate unnecessary typing. I'll also show you methods for controlling the entry of date and time information, as well as limiting the length of text entries. These are quick and easy ways to greatly increase data accuracy.
So let's get started with Excel 2016: Data Validation in Depth.