- Moving and inserting rows and columns of data with a simple drag
- Replacing data at the character level
- Converting dates with text functions
- Converting text data to values
- Using the CONCAT and TEXTJOIN functions to combine data
- Splitting data into columns via the Text to Columns feature
- Using Flash Fill for faster combining and splitting
- Checking and correcting spelling mistakes
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Dennis] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor, and welcome to cleaning up your Excel 2016 data. This course is designed to confront the many problems associated with streamlining your data by providing you with quick, easy-to-use solutions. First we'll look at how to readjust common row placement with simple dragging techniques for easy viewing of all your data. Then we'll examine how to transpose and adjust data using tools like the Replace and Substitute functions, the Text to Column commands, and the new Flash Fill feature.
We'll show you techniques for dealing with pesky date transformations, how to take full advantage of powerful text functions, including the new TEXTJOIN and CONCAT functions to deal with unwanted spacing and formatting issues, as well as text to value and value to text conversions. Let's get started with cleaning up your Excel 2016 data.