LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Drawing process flow diagrams
- Calculating process capacity
- Identifying bottlenecks
- Determining cycle time and idle time
- Calculating labor
- Calculating utilization
- Analyzing batch processes
- Calculating optimal order quantities
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Curt] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to the course. In this course, I'll demonstrate effective ways to analyze business processes in Microsoft Excel. I'll start by introducing process flow diagrams, show you how to calculate process capacity and identify bottlenecks, and determine how many times a year you turn over your inventory. Next, I'll describe how to calculate cycle time and idle time, calculate resource utilization based on actual usage, and calculate implied utilization based on projected demand levels.
Finally, I'll show you how to analyze batch sizes for efficient production, calculate the order quantity that minimizes your total costs, and identify the right number of units to manufacture when you own the means of production. In short, you'll find that the course provides a strong background in assessing and evaluating your business processes. Dive right in.