- Explain the difference between an error alert and an input message.
- Apply drop-down lists to save time and ensure consistency.
- Explore different ways to manage data with multitiered lists.
- Name the function that allows the placement of multiple restrictions within the same data validation.
- Review the steps necessary to create time limitations.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depth. If you need your data to be accurate and you want to enter it quickly then this is the right course for you. I'll show you how to limit the types of numbers you can enter, how to set up error and warning messages and how to set up drop down lists as a way to ensure valid data entry and save a lot of typing effort. I'll also show you methods for controlling the entry of date and time information, as well as limiting the length of text entries.
These are quick and easy ways to greatly increase data accuracy. Let's get started with Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depth.