- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Discovering the interest rate of an annuity
- Determining depreciation using the straight line, declining balance, double-declining balance, and other methods
- Calculating the future value of an investment with variable returns
- Finding the discount rate of a security
- Converting between fractional prices and decimal prices
- Determining the yield of securities that pay interest periodically
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Excel 2010 Financial Functions In Depth. In this course, I'll show you how to use all of the financial functions in Excel 2010 to analyze your data. To start, I'll show you how to calculate a loan payment, calculate interest paid during a specific period, and calculate the number of periods in an investment. Next, I'll tackle depreciation, showing you how to calculate it using a straight line and declining balance methods plus many more. I'll then move on to analyzing cash flows by calculating the future value, net present value, and internal rate of return of your investments.
Next, I'll show you how to analyze coupon bonds, discounted securities and treasury bills. Finally, I'll show you how to analyze bonds with unusual payment schedules. Whether you use Excel to analyze your personal finances or to examine a business investment, you'll find the information you need in this course. In short, I'm sure you'll find that your time with Excel 2010 Financial Functions In Depth will be time well spent.
Q: Where can I learn more about Excel formulas?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting Excel formulas on lynda.com.
Managing and Analyzing Data in Excel 2010with Dennis Taylor1h 32m Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Calculating Prices and Yields of Securities with Odd Periods
Additional resources1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.