Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Enriching data, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…Enhancing the data.…So here, I'm over in grid view, in Power Pivot and…this should look exactly the same as when I was over in tabular.…Here's my add column and down here are measures,…although we call them calculated fields in the 2013 release.…Don't let these little terminologies confuse you.…This is almost the same as what you did, over in Tabular.…So, let's create a calculated field or a measure.…And I've clicked here, below Unit Price.…
So, I'm just going to click up in here, Equal sign and now,…I'm going to hit the S.…And you see, this is calling Tele-Sense.…And I want to use Sum.…And you go open parenthesis.…Now it's asking me for a column name.…I'll click unit price because I'm too lazy to type.…And I'll close it.…I'm going to click.…And see, it automatically added a name for me.…Now I don't like that name, but it took care of it.…It helped me out here.…So we're going to change this sum of.…
And move off to here.…So now we have a calculated field right there.…And I'll come over here and we're in the column.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.