Learn how Excel calculates formulas based on the order of operations. Author Jen McBee discusses the importance of understanding the order of operations in Excel and offers a tip to easily remember the order!
- [Narrator] In Excel the order in which…a calculation is performed can drastically…impact the value returned in a formula.…It's very important to understand how…the order is determined and how you can change…the order to obtain the desired and correct results.…Excel calculates formulas based on the following:…first, anything enclosed in parentheses will be calculated.…Next, any exponential calculations will be performed.…Excel will then look to see if there are any…multiplication or division calculations to be performed.…
And lastly, Excel will look to see if there are any…addition or subtraction calculations to be performed.…To help us remember this order of operations,…I offer you the following mnemonic.…You might remember this from your high school algebra class,…Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.…Please for parenthesis, Excuse for exponential,…My for multiplication, Dear for division,…Aunt for addition, Sally for subtraction.…
I had the 06_02 exercise file open…so let's tackle this topic.…Now what I have on this summary worksheet…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.