Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing table relationships, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- [Voiceover] You can define relationships…between pairs of excel tables in your workbook…but you might accidentally identify the wrong field…in one of them.…If that occurs, your pivot table…will either return incorrect results…or you won't be able to create it at all.…In this movie, I will show you how to edit a relationship…so your pivot table returns the data that you want.…As my sample file, I will use…the edit relationships excel workbook…which you can find in the chapter 5 folder…of your exercise files collection.…
First, I'll go into the relationships dialogue box…to indicate what's wrong…with the relationships that I created.…So, I'll click the data tab…and then I'll click the relationships button.…I'm running Excel 2016 Pro Plus,…so I have some additional features…you might not see the manage data model button…in your version of Excel,…but the relationships button will be there.…Go ahead and click that,…and here I have my manage relationships dialogue box…and there are two relationships, the first is between…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.