Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing a conditional formatting rule, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- After you create a conditional formatting rule,…you might need to change it to reflect…new operating conditions or goals at your company.…For example, you might revise your sales targets to reflect…an economic downturn or you could decide to pay a bonus…to the top 15% of your sales representatives,…instead of the top 10 because you had a great year.…In this movie I will show you…how to edit a conditional format.…My sample file is the EditConds Excel workbook…and you can find that in the Chapter 5 folder…of your exercise files collection.…
To edit a conditional format…that's been applied to a Pivot Table,…click any cell in the body of the Pivot Table…and then on the Home tab of the ribbon…click Conditional Formatting, and then…at the bottom of the button list, click Manage Rules.…Doing so displays the conditional formats…applied to the Pivot Table.…Click the rule that you want to edit, and click Edit Rule.…In the Edit Formatting Rule dialog box you can examine…and change every element of this particular rule.…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.