Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Drilling down to the underlying data, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- One often overlooked aspect of PivotTables…is that they make it easier for you…to locate individual data points.…As an example,…suppose you have a PivotTable…that summarizes room revenue by quarter…for a hotel.…You might have two room types, Cambridge and Piccadilly,…and a grand total.…If you want to display the data row or rows…that provide values provided in the PivotTable cell,…double-clicking that cell causes the program…to drill down into the data source…and create a new worksheet that contains an Excel table…with a copy of the appropriate rows.…
I'll show you how to do that in this movie,…and my sample file is the Drill Down Excel workbook…which you can find in the Chapter 2 folder…of your exercise files collection.…The data in this worksheet is broken down by room type,…Cambridge and Piccadilly,…and by year, 2014-2015,…and into quarters.…Let's say I want to display the data…that leads to the Cambridge rooms result…or revenue of $247,948…for the first quarter of 2014.…
To do that, I can double-click cell B6…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.