Oz du Soleil shows one of the most powerful features in Get & Transform in Excel 2016. Sometimes you want data to be in a PivotTable or matrix layout, but other times you want the actual data. A PivotTable will take out data and do counts, sums, and perce
- [Instructor] Now you are going to see the majesty…of Pivot Don't aggregate.…Here I'm an event planner,…and would like an easy way to look at this data.…Right now it's not easy to see which venues…have missin' data,…which are the bigger spaces…and which ones have wifi or not.…Look at how it's set up.…Look at Ankeny Resort.…We've got data for wifi,…kitchen and square footage.…Fine.…Look at Porter.…
We've got square feet and wifi.…We don't know if they have a kitchen or not.…And we might like to sort these by the square footage,…largest to smallest.…We can't do anything with this right now.…So we are going to do a Pivot Don't aggregate,…and get in Transform.…So let's start our query.…With the cursor in the data set,…go to Data, From Table.…Here's our data.…Now we have to think what data do we want…as our column headers.…
We want the wifi, kitchen, square foot, etc.…Highlight that column,…and now let's go to Transform.…Pivot.…What do want as our values?…We want Detail.…Advanced options,…Don't Aggregate.…OK.…Exactly what we want.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.