Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying and highlighting formulas, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Advanced Formulas and Functions.
- In this worksheet called "Locate Formulas,"…there are probably some formula cells.…And if the active cell, for example, is on B10,…as it is right now, we can see clearly in the formula bar…that there's a formula.…But of course, you'd like to know…where other formulas exist also.…And, rather than clicking on individual cells…and continuing to look in the formula bar,…why not display all the formulas at once.…We can do this in two ways.…First of all, on the Formulas tab in the ribbon,…there's a button called Show.…Click the button, choose Show Formulas, watch what happens.…
In addition to seeing formulas,…all column widths are doubled as well.…That gives us a better opportunity…to see the entire formula.…In some cases, we still might not be able to see everything,…for example in cell D13.…But, nevertheless, it gives us…a good, quick read on the worksheet.…Gives us some sense of the formulas,…how complex and how non-complex they are.…It's a handy tool.…And, we can click that button again,…come back and uncheck the box for Show Formulas…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.