Oz du Soleil shows you the ways in which Get & Transform differs from Excel.
- Before we fall completely in love with Get & Transform,…we have to go over a few points…because some tasks are still easier to do in native Excel,…some Get & Transform features aren't intuitive,…and error messages aren't always helpful.…This requires us to be very strategic…in how we approach certain tasks.…So let's look at a few things.…First of all, we have this list of data…of bakers and location.…The locations, Nebraska, New Jersey, Arizona,…are bold, and that's the only cue we have.…
So if we wanted to separate these,…the states and the names,…and go into Get & Transform,…let's check out what happens.…Select the data set.…From Table.…Ah. Now the data looks like one big stack…with no cue as to how to separate what from what.…If that was the only cue we had,…we would have to correct it in native Excel.…The next caution:…We cannot operate at the cell level.…
Let's say Aurelia Ball,…her name is really Aurelia Bell.…We can't make that change here.…So let's close and load this to the workbook.…We have to make that change at the source.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.