- Excel's PV function, think of PV for present value,…can be used in a variety of ways,…sophisticated ways in some cases.…In this scenario here, I'm going to use it similar…to how I used the function FV in a previous movie…and also the PMT function used in the movie before that.…I want to pay $1,500 a month, principal and interest only,…for the next 360 months to purchase a house.…What kind of a house price can I consider?…Let's start with the idea that the interest rate…right now is 3.75%.…
At the time you're watching this movie,…that rate might have changed, maybe substantially.…Let's say we want to pay off this house…360 months, 30-year period.…For the moment we're saying we want…to pay $1,500 a month, principal and interest only.…What kind of price are we looking at here?…Equal PV, left parenthesis, here's the rate,…make sure you divide it by 12, comma,…the number of periods, that's the NPER reference here,…the number of periods of the loan in months 360.…
If that says 30 there, meaning 30 years,…you'd be sure to multiply that by 12,…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.