Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Detecting categories, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Okay, using the same inputted data,…the table analysis tool,…we'll look at detect categories.…What this tool is going to do is it's going to look…at the underlying data in this Excel spreadsheet,…and then take all of the columns and look…for similarities and put these into clusters or into groups.…Of course we don't need an ID,…and we'll take everything else in here…and we'll just call run.…It's picked up this category.…You see Category number one, and we can look…at the category characteristics, category income,…very lows, the Relative Importance…to get us into that, and then you see things…as it drops on down.…
If I come in and I undo this selection and I change out one,…I go to two and I say okay,…now I got my Category Two.…It shows me what happens to get down here…into Category Two.…And you can come in here and rename this…whatever you wanted to,…so you could rename Category Two some name…that you find appropriate.…So, Cars are zero, and we have a high degree of graduate.…Let's dump them out and go to Category Three.…
- Recognize the factors involved in building an environment.
- Define models, induction, and prediction.
- Determine key concepts in Excel data-mining.
- Analyze key influencers.
- Break down how to utilize the detect categories tool.
- Recognize where and when to use the Shopping Basket Analysis.
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.