In this video, Chris shows you how to quickly build a dynamic dashboard from your raw source data by combining multiple PivotCharts, slicers, and timelines.
- [Instructor] All right, so we've covered…quite a bit in this section.…We've inserted a number of different pivot table views,…built out different types of charts,…and practiced adding slicers and timelines.…And that's all great, but things do still look…a little bit messy and disorganized here.…So in this lecture, I'd like to demonstrate…how we can take all of these elements…that we just learned and combine them…into a clean, dynamic, and powerful user-facing dashboard.…Now keep in mind that there are a number…of different ways to approach dashboard design,…and there really are no right or wrong answers.…
So, what I'm going to do is show you…some of my personal tips and tricks,…and you can either follow along exactly…or use them as a direction…to help create your own modified approach.…So in this case, my first step will be…to adjust the properties of all of my elements,…all of the charts, plus my slicer and timeline.…And I can do this in one fell swoop…by Control + selecting all of them at the same time.…And then once I have all of them selected,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.