Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Demonstration of the Excel data-mining tools built in this course, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- This is the main spreadsheet that we are going to be using…when we go in and work with the data mining add-ins.…This spreadsheet workbook is available off of Microsoft,…and when you install the data mining add-ins,…you'll automatically get a copy of it.…It's very handy, as it has a a lot of data…that we can use to do different scenarios.…And what we'll do in this course is…we'll go through everything you see up here on the ribbon.…So, we'll look at the data that's down here in Excel,…and we'll come through…and we'll look at the model usage of it.…And then we'll go over and look at data preparation,…how we can explore the data, and we can sample the data,…looking for outliers, et cetera.…
We'll come through and see how good the data is,…so we'll look at accuracy and validation,…and run accuracy charts, and profit charts.…A profit chart, by the way, is where we look at,…say, we're going to spend x amount of dollars…on doing a mailing campaign.…So, how good does my data mining algorithm have to be…based on this amount of money that I'm going to spend…
- Recognize the factors involved in building an environment.
- Define models, induction, and prediction.
- Determine key concepts in Excel data-mining.
- Analyze key influencers.
- Break down how to utilize the detect categories tool.
- Recognize where and when to use the Shopping Basket Analysis.
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.