Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting a conditional formatting rule, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Conditional formats help you make judgments…about your data quickly,…but you might find that one or more…of the rules you created are no longer useful.…If that's the case, you can delete rules…individually from within the…Conditional Formatting Rules Manager,…or get rid of them all by using the controls…on the Home tab of the ribbon.…I will show you how to get rid of…conditional formats you don't need,…and as my sample file, I will use the…DeleteConds Excel workbook.…You can find that in the Chapter Five folder…of your exercise files collection.…
If you want to delete an individual…conditional formatting rule from a pivot table,…click any cell in the body of the pivot table,…and then on the Home tab of the ribbon,…click the Conditional Formatting button,…and from the button list click Manage Rules.…Doing so displays the…Conditional Formatting Rules Manager,…and all of the rules that are applied…to this pivot table.…To delete an individual rule,…click it within the list,…and then click the Delete Rule button.…
Now the rule's gone, but you can see…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.