Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining and using object variables, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
Earlier in this course, I described most of the data types available to you in Excel VBA.…I skipped over the Object Data type then, so I'll cover it now.…An Object variable refers to an Excel object such as a workbook, worksheet or cell range.…I'll show you what that looks like in the Visual Basic Editor, so just press…Alt+F11 to display my code.…In this example, I created an Object variable representing a worksheet, and I did…that using the statement here.…I dimensioned a variable named WKS, and I've given it the variable type of Worksheet.…After you declare the Object variable you can then use the Set command to assign…an object to that variable.…
In this case, the command I used was Set WKS to this workbook, the Worksheet…within that workbook, named JanSales.…That's the first worksheet in this workbook.…After you declare and set an object variable, you can use it as a shorthand…reference that denotes the worksheet, in this case named JanSales, in the current workbook.…As an example, if I wanted to change the tab color of the JanSales worksheet, I…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Dennis Taylor3h 43m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.