Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining changing value cells and summary formulas, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- So far, we have created a structure…for our staffing problem by listing the time segments…we want to cover and the shift…start and end time for our nurses.…Now that we have those elements in place,…we can add dummy data for the number of nurses…on each shift and create formulas…that use shift data to calculate…the number of nurses working at a given time.…My sample file is called Scheduling_Formulas…and you can find it in the chapter five folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…
The first thing I'll do is to add in dummy data…for the number of staff that we bring on…at a particular time or who work at a particular shift,…so I'll select cells G4 through G15,…which are the staffing level for each shift.…Type the number 1 and press ctrl+enter.…Selecting the cells and pressing ctrl+enter…adds the same value.…Whatever you typed into all of the selected cells.…Now we need to add our formulas.…These formulas will calculate the number…of staff members who are on shift…during any particular two hour time period.…
The first period here,…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.