- Worksheets implementing a Solver solution…for a Transportation problem require cost data,…the number of units available from each source,…and the number of units required at each destination.…In this workbook, those quantities are represented…in the top area of the worksheet.…Once the data is in place, we need to enter sample values…into the changing cells which Solver…will modify to find its solution.…Once we have those values, we can enter our summary formulas…to ensure each destination receives the train cars it needs…and the source yards aren't asked to send more cars…than they have on hand.…
My sample file for this movie…is called Transportation_Formulas…and you can find it in the Chapter 4 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…So, as I noted, we have our cost data…and requirements in the top section.…Now we can start entering in our decision values…and formulas that we'll use to calculate…our costs and other measures.…First, to enter in the number of cars…that are being sent from each yard,…these four yards here to our five depots along the top,…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.