Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing the worksheet, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- Creating a worksheet to solve a transportation problem…requires two grids: one with the costs of moving cars…from source yards to destination depots…and a second with the changing cells…showing how may cars will move from each yard to each depot.…In this movie, we will start building a worksheet…to solve the problem.…My sample file is Transportation_Start…and you can find it in the Chapter 4 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…This worksheet will have three sections,…Parameters, Decisions, and Objective.…
So in cell A3, which I'll click now, I'll type Parameters.…And Enter.…And then in cells C4 to H4, I'll tab over to cell C4,…I'll type in the cities that represent the depots…to where we are delivering cars.…And those are Newport News, then tab, Newark,…then Chicago, tab, Denver, and Sacramento.…And press tab.…Now in cell H4, I'll type Capacity,…which is the number of cars that the source yards,…which will be our row headers, can send.…
So I'll press Enter.…Now in cells B5 to B9, I'll go ahead…and type these row headers.…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.