Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Data views, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
- View Offline
…So, we have our data source.…Now, we're going to do a data view.…Now, right click data view, new data source view, the splash page.…Next, here's my relational source, Which we created.…Notice here, I could also have created it right now.…But, we created it by itself.…So, we'll just go, next.…And, we are in here in now I am going to go full screen.…And, we are looking at all of the tables that are in that source.…In a view, you only want to bring in the information that you…are going to be working with.…
So, let’s take fact Internet Sales going to add it.…Now, I am going to add related tables.…When I clicked add related tables, the wizard went back to the source, and it…looked for a relationship between the fact table and all of the dimension tables.…And, if it discovered a relationship, it automatically brought those in.…By the way, if there's one of these that I really didn't like.…As a matter of fact, there's one right there that I don't like.…I'm going to dump that out.…So now, alls I have is dimensions and fact internet sales.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.