Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Data sources, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Data sources.…In the workspace browser, I'm over here in Data Connections.…So, I'm going to right-click Data Connection and select New Data Source,…which is exactly like clicking Data Source up here in the ribbon.…Your data source.…Now, here's my data sources.…Multidimensional > Analysis Services, or Tabular.…In Dashboard Designer, in PerformancePoint, Analysis Services is…far more functional than anything else that you're going to use,…because it was a tool designed for Enterprise.…
So it will tie into your data warehouse, data mark and really do great things.…But we can go through and use SQL a share pointlist which is pretty handy.…Or we can import from an Excel workbook which I don't like because I don't…believe it's managed properly in a repository.…Or Excel services, but…we're going to go multi-dimensional, analysis services and we'll click OK.…Now we've got create the connection.…So up here in server, I'm going to hit a dot; which is local host…\ server 12; which is the name of my local server.…
Now I'll pull down selection chevron.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.