Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Data sources, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Okay.…Let's start by looking at the end.…This is where you want to go, what questions do you want to ask.…What I have here, is I've asked the data warehouse for…the sales amount by reading country name.…So now, I've decided I want to see some other information too.…I want to say, Sales Unique Cost.…I'm just going to right-click Add a Query.…Bink.…How's that for speed?…There's your data warehouse.…That's how fast that information is returned.…And if I don't like this dimension in here, I'll delete it on out.…
I'm going to put it into a hierarchy.…And add it to query, and bang!…You see how fast that came back?…That is the advantage.…So I can rapidly see the results.…And if this question leads to another question, just right click and…add it to the query.…Okay.…So let's build something here.…I am going to drop that down.…And we're going to go into a new instance of SQL server data tools.…If you're not running SQL 2012 or SQL 2014,…this almost exact tool is called Business Intelligence Development Studio.…
Same thing, practically.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.