Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Data-mining tasks, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Data Mining Tasks.…For each question that can be asked of a data mining system,…there are many tasks that may be applied.…In some cases an answer will become obvious with the application of…a single task.…More commonly you will explore and combine multiple tasks to arrive at a solution.…The Classification task, that's the most common data task.…Business problems such as churn analysis, risk management, and…target advertising usually involve classification.…
Classification is the act of assigning a category to each case.…Each case contains a set of attributes, one of which is the class attribute.…The task requires finding a model.…That describes the class attribute as a function of input attributes.…Data algorithms that require a target to learn about,…are considered supervised algorithm.…Typically classification algorithm include decision trees, neural network and…naive base,.…
Clustering.…Clustering is also called segmentation.…It is used to identify natural groupings of cases based on a set of attributes.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.