Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video The Data Modeling group, part of Excel Data-Mining Fundamentals.
- Okay, let's look at the data modeling tab…over in here, and what this is going to do…is take a structure, in this case our table,…and apply a data model to it.…So if we click classify and the wizard…and we go through.…We don't want a range.…We're going to take the table, the entire table…that we have exposed here in Excel.…We go next.…Now you'll see the way this works.…First let's change this over to our friend…Bike Buyer, which is really what we want to analyze.…
Now if I go to parameters, you see…the algorithm up here.…If you'll notice, in classification there's…four algorithms we use, Decision Tree,…Logistic Regression, Naive Baize,…Norel Network, and we pick which one we want…to use, and we'll use the Decision Tree.…We'll say OK.…Now when we go next, this is a percent…of data it wants to use to test…versus the percentage it's going…to use as an input.…So 30% is the standard.…We'll go with that.…Down here is the description, Classify Bike Buyer…is what we're going to name the model,…and here's the structure.…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.