Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Dashboards, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…Dashboards.…When we say dashboards, again, in PerformancePoint Services,…we really mean a Web Part page.…So, if I right-click my folder,…New Dashboard, I'm going to select two columns.…Don't let the selection concern you in the least, because this is just starting.…Let me show you.…Let's say, oops!…I meant to do three columns.…I'm going to just right-click, and say Add Right.…And now, I've got the left, and…these are all zones, we just name the first ones columns.…So, I've got multiple columns.…
If I wanted to add something else, I could add above.…And, if I didn't happen to like it, I can delete it.…Now, you'll notice I have multiple pages.…So, if I was creating a Dashboard that had multiple pages so…they could go, Page one, Page two, Page three.…Then all I need to do is select new page and this time we'll go three columns and…I'll say OK.…And now you see I have a dashboard with one.…Let's dump this out, so it's easier to see.…And a dashboard with three.…
And from here, we just do our design.…So add some scorecards, I'm just going to grab some stuff.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.