Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
One of the first skills Excel users learn is how to cut and paste data within…and among workbooks.…When you assign a cells value to a variable, and then write the variable's value…to another cell, you're just copying the value.…If you want to include the cells formatting, any comments, or so on, in addition…to the value, you should use Cut and Paste.…When you Cut or Copy cells and then Paste them elsewhere in your workbook using…the VBA, you need to use the Select method, not the Activate method, to designate…the cells in worksheets using the routine.…The differences between the Activate and Select methods are technical, but let…me illustrate the relevant aspect by highlighting a range of cells.…
In this case, I've selected the cell range from B7 down to D18.…Within that selection, every cell is highlighted in a bluish gray, except for one.…That cell, V7 here, at the top left corner of the selection, is called the ActiveCell.…You've seen me refer to it in other movies using the ActiveCell - all one word - term.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Dennis Taylor3h 43m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.