In this video, Chris shares some tips and tricks for changing your PivotTable column headers and labels, to customize how your fields are displayed in the table.
- [Instructor] So, another pivot table formatting trick…that's very, very easy, but not always intuitive,…is the fact that you can change…and customize your column headers.…So, right now, we've got our row labels,…which are named exactly what the fields are named,…country, and genre, but for gross revenue,…when we pulled it in, it automatically assigned this label,…Some of Gross Revenue.…And that will show whatever summarization mode you're using,…and we'll talk about that more…in the calculated values section,…but Some of Gross Revenue isn't a very friendly name,…so let's say I want to change that to Total Revenue instead.…
All I need to do is select that header label,…and go up in the formula bar,…and just type in the new name right there.…And it just changes the column header to whatever I choose.…The one thing I will point out here…is that if I wanted to name this, Gross Revenue,…which is the name of the raw data column,…I'm going to get this error that says…the pivot table field name already exists,…so a little workaround here:…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.