While the user interface has changed drastically from Outlook 2013 to 2016, the ability to customize your views has not. In this movie, you will know how to customize elements of the mail view, such as the folder pane, the preview pane, and the number of lines to preview in a snippet. You will also know how to resize the various panes in the mail view.
- [Voiceover] For anyone migrating from Outlook 2003…to 2016, they UI has changed drastically.…No more menu bar, tool bars down below,…instead we have this ribbon interface.…And with the envelope icon selected down below,…you should be looking at your e-mail, or mailboxes.…And here's where the view might be familiar.…We have our list of folders down the left-hand side.…With a folder like Inbox selected,…we see the contents listed here,…with a slight preview of the message itself.…A full preview for any selected message can be seen…over here on the right-hand side.…
Of course, this can be customized and to do that…we go to the View tab, instead of the View menu,…like we did in Outlook 2003.…Let's start with changing the view…by clicking the Change View drop-down.…Notice Compact is selected,…that's what we're looking at, the default.…If you go over to Single, you're going to see…single lines, pretty much, or a line of text…or preview for any message, in this case,…in your selected folder, Inbox.…And if you want to change the number of lines…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.